Careers Programme Information
Careers Information, Advice and Guidance
Who are we?
Careers Leader: Dan Conquer
Careers Co-ordinator: Vicky Wilks
What are the aims of Careers Information, Advice and Guidance?
At FHES, we are developing a Careers Education programme that aims to give every student a range of experiences that will enable them to make informed and aspirational choices for their future. The programme aims to motivate and inspire students to achieve the best they can, as well as help them to successfully progress into the next stage of their lives, and the ‘world of work’ in the longer term.
The programme includes a taught element during PSHE lessons in Years 7 to 11, assemblies, careers learning in lessons, employer visits to school, Work Experience and one-to-one Careers guidance.
We work with Further and Higher Education providers to offer appropriate information and support for all of our students so that they can all make successful transitions within and beyond FHES.
In common with every school across the country, the Careers Education programme will be shaped by a new set of Careers benchmarks, the Gatsby Benchmarks. We are working towards meeting these eight benchmarks, now best practice in careers and enterprise provision.
The Careers Education programme aims:
- To increase students’ awareness of future opportunities.
- To raise students’ aspirations.
- To motivate students to work hard in their formal qualifications.
- To breakdown stereotypes.
- To better inform students to make more informed study and career choices at key moments of choice (GCSE options) and transition (post-16 destinations).