Reporting and Assessment
We aim to keep parents informed about their child's progress in a variety of ways.
For Years 7-10, there will be one Parents’ Evening a year and parents will receive a data sheet twice a year following the assessment weeks. Additionally Year 7 will have a "Meet the Tutor" evening as part of our transition process during the Autumn Term. Year 11 will receive exam results data sheets and have one Parents' Evening.
Assessment weeks for Y7-9
- Students will sit longer assessments in all subjects apart from core PE.
- Assessments will cover all topics covered since September.
- For January Assessments, details of assessment style and content along with timetables will be released in November.
- For June Assessments, details of assessment style and content along with timetables will be released in April.
- In Y7 and Y8 assessments will last up to 40 minutes.
- In Y9 assessments will last up to 90 minutes.
- Students entitled to concessions will be offered them.
- An attitude to learning and home learning grade will be given by the teacher as well.
- Results will be given as a percentage, alongside the highest, lowest and average for the year group.
Assessment point 1 Y7-9 6th January – 17th January
Assessment point 2 Y7 8th June – 20th June
Y8-9 15th June – 27th June
All reports will be made available electronically. Please contact the office if you cannot access the report but refer all queries about the content to your son/daughter’s subject teacher.
We operate an on-line booking system for Parents’ Evenings so that parents can log in and make their own appointments with teachers.
There is also a dedicated Information Evening for Year 8 regarding Subject Options.
Parents with any specific concerns about one subject should, in the first instance, contact the subject teacher and, if across multiple subjects, the Form Tutor should be the first point of contact.