Free School Meals
The Government gives money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. This funding is called a ‘Pupil Premium’.
For every child registered as Pupil Premium at Farnham Heath End School, the school receives funding per academic year. With this money we can improve and update the resources your child is able to use in school.
If you think you are eligible, please register to make sure your child and others in their class don’t miss out.
How does it work?
- First, check the eligibility list below to see if you qualify.
- Registering is really quick and easy – if you think you qualify, complete the Free School Meal Eligibility and Pupil Premium Application form below and return to school, or go to the Surrey County Council website.
- If you are eligible, your child will receive a daily allowance to spend on food in the school restaurant and the school receives extra funding.
- If you don’t want your child to have school meals, they can continue as normal – as long as you qualify and are registered, the school still receives the extra funding.
Is my child eligible?
From 1 April 2018, free school meals in all Surrey maintained and free schools and academies are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of state Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
Further information about applying for Free School Meals and Pupil Premium can be found by clicking on the link below:
Please talk to us about registering your child today if you’re not sure.