What is Higher Education?
UK Higher Education (HE) offers a diverse range of courses and qualifications, such as first degrees, Higher National Diplomas (HNDs), and foundation degrees. It includes any qualification at Level 4 and above. A BA or BSc (Hons) degree is a Level 6 qualification.
Going to university is a great way to expand your knowledge, meet new people and enjoy new experiences.
- Description: An academic course that's usually studied at a higher education institution. Learn through lectures, seminars, group projects and independent study. There's funding available to support you and you can study full or part- time.
- Location: At a university, college or online. You could go away to study, stay local or go abroad.
- Duration: 3 to 4 years.
- Entry requirements: Universities set their own entry requirements. You'll usually need A Levels or equivalent qualifications.
- Qualifications: Ordinary or honours degree.
- Leads to: Postgraduate taught or research degrees, professional qualifications, graduate employment.