FHES is committed to providing all students in Years 7-11 with a programme of learning through teaching, events and activities, to provide them with information and guidance about career opportunities.
The programme is designed to be progressive so that, each year, students will build and develop on the knowledge and skills that they have previously acquired.
The programme will be guided by the Gatsby Benchmarks thus ensuring best practice.
The Gatsby Benchmarks are designed to ensure students:
- Receive a stable careers programme from years 7 to 11.
- Learn from career and labour market information.
- Have their individual needs addressed.
- Link curriculum learning to careers.
- Have meaningful encounters with employers and employees.
- Have experiences of workplaces.
- Have meaningful encounters with further and higher education.
- Receive personal guidance.
The current careers programme is delivered through a combination of methods and all students are guaranteed:
- Careers learning in PSHE in Years 7 to 11
- Careers learning in lessons
- Careers mornings in Years 7, 8 and 9
- Careers related assemblies in Years 7, 8 and 9
- Mock Interview Morning in Year 10
- Work Experience in Year 10
- Post-16 provider assemblies in Years 8, 10 and 11
- Apprenticeship assemblies in Years 10 and 11 with follow-up workshop in Year 11
- Careers 1:1 sessions with a qualified Careers Advisor in Years 10 and 11.
Additionally, there are targeted events for students with employers, colleges and universities.
For any queries about the Careers Programme, please contact:
Mrs V Wilks
SLT Careers Manager
Mr P Marsh